Last modified: February 14, 2019
The Ronin Project, Inc. (“Project Rōnin” or “we”) respects your privacy.
The purpose of the App is to facilitate patient symptom reporting communication between you and your doctor and healthcare provider staff (collectively, “Doctor”).
This App will be collecting and transmitting personal information about you, including health information. By using the App, you agree that we can collect and use your personal information as we describe here. If you do not agree, you may not use the App.
What Is Personal Information?
Personal information does not include “aggregate” or “anonymized” information. Aggregate information is data we collect from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information we collect from you, including health information, will be collected and may be combined with other individuals’ information, but no personal information that could identify you is included in the aggregate data. Such data is used, for example, to help determine overall health trends, understand treatment options, or to understand how users interact with the App. We may use aggregate data without any restriction, including commercializing and sharing the data.
Who May Use This App?
The use of this App is limited to patients or members of a health organization collaborating with Project Rōnin.
We do not collect information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent.
If you believe we might have collected any information from or about a child under 13 without parental authorization, please contact us using the contact information below.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal information from you either directly through your input into the App or from the Doctor. The information we collect and use includes:
· Your name, email address, your patient ID number, PIN and other registration information.
· Health information from your Doctor, which may include information or records relating to your background, medical or health history, health status and laboratory testing results, diagnostic images, and other health related information.
· Health information that you input into the App, including your responses to survey questions about how you are feeling.
In addition, we may collect other information automatically through your use of the App, including:
· Details of your usage and access to the App, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on through the App.
· Device information about your mobile device, or other device, and internet connection, including your device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information, if applicable.
What Do We Use This Data For?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
· Facilitating your communication with your Doctor about how you are feeling and your health via surveys and questionnaires.
· Providing information to your Doctor about your health.
· Facilitating your clinical activities, such as by sending push notifications and reminders.
· Providing support and responding to your feedback.
· Notifying you of updates or changes to the App.
· Contacting you when necessary.
· Creating aggregate or anonymized data.
· Improving the App by using metadata, statistics, and analytics information to keep track of your preferences and how and when you use the App.
· Complying with applicable law and assisting law enforcement if we believe that we are legally required to do so.
· Preventing fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft, and other illegal activities and misuse of the App.
· Troubleshooting the App and handling malfunctions.
· Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide information or for which you give us authorization.
How Do We Disclose This Data?
We understand that your personal information and health information is private and we are dedicated to maintaining its confidentiality.
All of the personal information we collect from you is transmitted to your Doctor. Your Doctor has their own policies and procedures regarding the privacy of personal information, and the use of this App is also subject to those policies. Please contact your Doctor with questions about their policies or terms.
We may also disclose personal information to the following parties or in the following situations:
· Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· Contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
· A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all Project Rōnin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Project Rōnin is among the assets transferred.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us or requested by you when you provide the information.
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of you, Project Rōnin, other users of the App, or others.
We may disclose aggregate or anonymized data without any restriction. We never disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
How Do We Secure Your Data?
Because we value the privacy and security of your information, we employ a variety of safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your data. Information you provide to us is encrypted and securely transmitted to your Doctor. Please note, however, that no security is perfect, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of every piece of data we collect.
How Can We Change This Policy?
Who Can You Contact?
Please note that we are unable to answer any inquiries requesting medical advice. Such requests should be addressed to an appropriate, qualified health practitioner or your Doctor.